Saturday, April 04, 2009

Saturday 4th April 2009

I've been having mixed thoughts about the blog recently, I don't mind telling you. The sessions don't seem remarkably different from other times and I don't want to write the same thing again. I could treat it as a diary I suppose and say:

Wednesday. Irish Session. Usual suspects. Nothing special happened.
Thursday. Mixed Lumpy. Lots there. Usual Pleasant Chaos.

But that would be pointless.

And then I have to be careful what I write and about whom, just in case anyone is reading this. I have had occasion, difficult to believe I know, where individuals have taken umbrage at what I wrote. I think that is a creative handcuff and stifles the very essence of what makes it enjoyable. I suppose that I could make it subscription only.... mmmm.... there's a thought. Then I could be as scurrilous as I liked.

And then we are now being asked to keep blogs at work. I daren't write a work blog in my style (see paragraph above) and frankly, I'd rather write this one.

And lastly. Does anyone read this? Well I do get an occasional request for the next installment of simple session folk but by and large I wonder whether the effort is worth it. Maybe a subscription only service will uncover the closet readers.

Well. News. Mike and Ruth will be away for the next two weeks so I will lead the sessions and generally keep things moving along but it will be in my style. For those of you who have not experienced my style, it is more or less classic session. After a few warm-ups, the entire assembly is asked (sort of in turn) if they have a tune or a set they would like to do, or if shy, one they would like to nominate a tune or set for us all to do. If it all goes quiet, I will start something we all know and generally keep things going until the muse returns.

Mike and Ruth will be back for St George's Day with a promise of Roast Beef!

No comments: