Friday, November 30, 2007

30th November 2007

I'm happy to report that I managed to get to both sessions this week. And they're fine. They're ticking along nicely with the usual suspects and everything is right with the world. It was very kind of them to say they'd missed me but I'm more pleased that they've kept going. And it was good to see everybody again and play those old familiar tunes. Well most of them anyway. There are odd tunes which drive you up the wall - like Drops of Brandy. Different for everyone but I suspect all musicians have a tune or several that they really don't like that much.

Anyway, there is an extra session this Sunday at the Anchor in Faversham, as Paul Lucas is coming down again for a visit. Last time you remember, he brought Tim Edey and Lucy Randall along and there was a great session (albeit transplanted to the Bear) which wasn't strictly Irish. I don't think the purists minded but it's hard to tell sometimes.

No comments: