Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wednesday 23rd August 2006

Broadstairs Folk Week has come and gone again for another year. The Lunchtime session in the Nelson with Paul Lucas was enjoyable as usual and the guest on Monday was a fine Melodeon player of English tunes. Pity the Monday is an Irish session really.

Wednesday night was a 'pub gig' at the Rose with Pete May and Fergie. Surprisingly enjoyable.

The Thursday session was thin, and I think I frightened the horses with a later model Abbott No.2 Banjo. I had to take the resonator off because it was way too loud.

Never mind, I have my original Abbott banjo back now and tried it out at the Yew Tree at Barfrestone. Again a surprisingly enjoyable session and recommended to beginners / intermediate players.

Back to the Anchor at Wingham tonight, followed by the Bear at Faversham tomorrow and the Anchor at Faversham on Sunday.

No comments: