Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thursday 18th May 2006

The Irish session this week certainly had more of a buzz about it. The piper and the banjo player with all the tunes were both back but we'd lost the accordianist. It's hard to fathom what makes a session tick, but by recording it each week, it might help me to sort it out. Sometimes you can have the same players in the same venue (even in the same chairs) and it will sound different each time. It could be the weather of course, or the emotional state of the players or possibly the quality of the drinks. Our session has a predeliction for diet coke but the other favourite tipples are shandy, a pot of tea, cups of coffee, lime and water and bitter. Oh, and an occassional Guinness or Jameson's. Some very nice sets (well that makes a difference of course) but I'm thinking principally banjo players tunes, which is fine by me.

Well, the itinerant lumpy mixed players are back from Belgium so they'll be regaling us with stories tonight. More on that next time. I wonder if the thumpy-twangys will stay away tonight? I do hope so, I really do.

No comments: